Wearable art garments are timeless. The goal of PenWAG is to bring together designers of artful clothing and accessories, to expand our artistic horizons, to encourage and nurture the creativity in each of us.
PenWAG is a SF Bay Area club dedicated to education about and promotion of art in the form of garments and accessories. We host a monthly meeting at the Campbell Community Center on the second Saturday of each month. Following the morning meeting we present workshops and classes.
PenWAG is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt educational organization incorporated in the State of California (EIN 261088159).
Access to Area Resources?
Meet people with a passion for artful fashion. Learn new art-to-wear techniques. Discover how others are experimenting. See the creations of fellow enthusiasts
Our members have embellished garments with:
- machine and hand appliqué
- fabric painting and dyeing
- stenciling and stamping
- machine and hand embroidery
- embellished jackets and coats
- unique vests and dresses
- whimsical hats, scarves and shoes
- beaded and pieced bags
- jewelry and beaded buttons
Some of our features are:
- Workshops with internationally known experts in textile embellishment, as well as surface and garment design – including Susan Khalje, Laura Murray, and Marcy Tilton and many others
- “Extracurricular” events such as group exhibits, our biannual fashion show, and “stash exchanges”
- Challenges to stretch our skills and imaginations
- Guest speakers are internationally known in the wearable arts community
- Show-and-tell, featuring our members’ latest creations
- Opportunities for networking
- Information about the latest shows, competitions, exhibits and classes